With the promise of losing weight, building lean muscle, and getting Energetic Fit and Healthy, it's easy to see why protein powders, shakes and smoothies are such a popular option.
But is your protein powder safe?
Many of the protein powders and shakes available in the marketplace today have ingredients, preservatives and additives that are unhealthy and unsafe. (Soy and Sucralose being 2 of the BIGGEST Culprits out there!)
While there can be some great options as well, it is important to know exactly what to look for when choosing the Best protein powder for you!
What You Should be Looking for in a Healthy Protein Powder:
The 3 of the Best kinds of protein sources are:
- UNdenatured, New Zealand Whey Protein- grass fed, hormone-free Whey protein (not cheap, poor quality whey)
- (Click here to learn more about denatured vs UNdenatured Whey protein and why it matters!)
- Or Vegan proteins such as organic Hemp, Pea or Rice protein (here's my favorite vegan protein shake)
But is soy really dangerous for your health?
According to Dr. Joseph Mercola:
powder as a meal replacement be sure that it contains enough calories to qualify as a full meal so that you don't find yourself hungry again an hour later.
3- No Sucralose (aka: 'Splenda') or other Artificial Sweeteners!
4- Non-GMO, Clean Eating: Another thing to consider is that your protein powder is not from a genetically modified source.
5- Gluten-Free- A growing concern for many is to find foods that are gluten free so while this may not be an issue for everyone, having a protein shake that is gluten free is an added bonus!
6- Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants: Another thing to consider when looking at a protein powder (especially if it will be one of your meals of the day) is that it contains all the daily Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, Carbs, Fiber, Protein etc that you need in the day.
7- Meal Replacement Options: If you plan on using your protein
|10 of my Favorite Recipes for Protein Shakes|
You need the right balance of calories, protein, fats, fiber etc to get the nutrition you need.
Look into options and variations of how you can use your protein powder such as in protein shakes, bars and other healthy recipes:
- Best Protein Shake Recipes to Shake it Up on Shake Days!
Take a look at this chart of popular protein powders. Is your protein powder safe?
Next, learn more about using a Healthy Protein Meal Replacement with a 30 day Nutritional Cleansing and Fat Burning system to help reach your weight loss, health and fitness goals!
- How does Nutritional Cleansing help with Fat Loss?
- Toxic Fat: How Toxins make you fat and what you can do about it!
- How can I get More out of my Workouts? Tips to Amplify your Exercise!